Monday 19 January 2015

Then and Now...

What my garden looked like in 2012 when we first moved in...


 
 
Just grass and overgrown shrubs. Boring!
 
What it looked like in October of 2014 -
 



 
A lot has changed since October though. Most of the overgrown foliage on the west side was removed in December when more new fencing was put up (sad to see the foliage go but it was necessary to erect the new fencing). I have also planted more in the new central flowerbeds.
 
I shall add updated photos asap. :)
 
P.S...I should also add that I know very little about gardening/landscape gardening and am simply making it up as I go along!! ;)
 
 


4 comments:

  1. I haven't really seen your place properly so it's nice to see your garden at least :) You've done so much! I miss having a garden, but we are lucky that we have a little sunspot outside where we can have hanging baskets xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweetie!
      I am sure that the likes of Monty Don and Titchmarsh would be appalled by my methods! I basically dig a hole, pop a plant in, and hope for the best. And I'm just planting willy-nilly, with not much planning or consideration. Ha ha. I'm just trying to cram as many wistful ideas in a small space. We did consider a summer house in the fern corner but they are so expensive we decided not to bother in the end. And the cheapest ones were little more than a glorified shed.
      Glad to hear that you have a little sunspot! I think you can make any sized garden beautiful. Once you're sitting there with plants around you and sun on your face it doesn't really matter.

      Delete
    2. All those telly gardeners and their fancy ways!
      Aren't garden type things pricey? We have a wee shed which was MEANT to house Andy's bike but the pesky thing is still in the spare room and the shed sits empty *rolls eyes*

      Delete
    3. Yes, unfortunately a lot of garden stuff is pricey. I like statues but they cost an arm and a leg! But I take ages finding cheaper ones on Ebay. Though Max is treating me to a Bacchus bust for my birthday. Good quality stone and made to order. I really want a Pan bust but the one I love (Haddonstone) is over £400 and 85kg!!! No way! But I've been emailing with the sales guy where I'm buying the Bacchus and he said he would suggest the idea of a Pan to the sculptors. It would be smaller and cheaper than the Haddonstone one.

      Delete