Wednesday 4 February 2015

Trellis and Bacchus

It is so hard to get motivated, gardening-wise, in winter. So cold. Everything has frozen. Pond. Water features. Bird bath.

On the 10th I'm having a 6ft x 6ft piece of nice quality trellis delivered though. I wanted to use it, combined with a couple of conifers, to divide the fern corner from the mini orchard. It sounds grand, but isn't. These are very small areas. But since we had the new fencing erected, there has been a bit more space created, and I'd like to make two mini gardens. Once the trellis is up I can think about what climbers/shrubs to plant along it. Or whether I want a bench against it. I'm also considering a stone bust of Bacchus, God of Wine, to put on the orchard side. It is from Chilstone.

 
 
I've got several pretty female statues and this will be a good contrast. 

Anyhoo, will add photos when the trellis has been put up.

No comments:

Post a Comment