Sunday 15 February 2015

Rhododendrons, Azaleas...and now Camellias...

I am a huge fan of rhododendrons and azaleas. They flower so profusely in the spring that they look quite magical. I planted several in the garden when we first moved here though I had no idea if we had the right soil. But they are growing and flowering, slowly but surely, so I guess they are compatible. I've since added several more colours.

Photos I took last spring -




I have only recently discovered camellias as well! Just as beautiful, evergreen, and they also flower profusely in spring. I've dotted several different varieties around the garden that I hope will grow and flourish, and today I noticed that one has flowered! A big ole red flower, though I forget what the name of it is. I hope to take a photo tomorrow though here is an old Victorian painting of one very similar -





No comments:

Post a Comment